Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Fear by Charlie Higson



                                                                        The Fear

               The Fear by Charlie Higson is a book about survival. It's about what will happen if children are left to their own devices in a hostile world. It lets us take a look at what we could become in a world that's out to get us. It makes us experience many different emotions like the main character Dognut who experiences determination, anger, fear, guilt, and even joy.
               One of the first emotions Dognut experiences in the book is determination.
               "He was going to make something to himself. He was going to find Brooke, the prettiest girl in London. He was going to bring her back." This shows that he was going to stop at nothing to find his friends.
               Another emotion he felt was guilt. In the house of an extremely strong zombie one of the group gets left behind.
              "They'd ran off without her, now he was coming."
              "I promised her. I said I wouldn't leave her. She was counting on me... I can't just leave her!" This shows he was angry about leaving her and guilty for not going back.
              Dognut's emotions in the book show that the experiences in the book influence Dognut's emotions as well as our own. An important thing in this book is making the readers get attached to a character and then killing that character to get an emotional response. This in one thing Charlie Higson is especially good at.

1 comment:

  1. Great job you kept it short and you put enough detail that its is strong and still sounds good. I also like how you used quotes good job.

    ReplyDelete